Hello my dear joonies,
I just want to start this post off by warning all of you that this is a vent post. That’s right. I really need to bitch like crazy and no, not because I’m “PMS‘ing” or for any other stupid reason guys like to pin on us… but because I am utterly and completely annoyed.
Look, we all know dating is hard. Throughout those first few weeks, we always wonder,
“Does he just want ass or is he for real?”
“Do I actually like him… or his hot piece of ass friend?”
Even till your mid 20s (can’t speak for any age older than that), you have to know how to play the game (which I actually find incredibly depressing because guys just never learn to put their bullshit aside- but then again, the same could be said of some girls). But let’s say: you finally think you found someone that you really seem to connect with. Things are getting a little more exciting and you are just starting to get to know each other then… BAM, his insecurities are suddenly on the table and slapping you in the face.
I am all about being there for my man and making sure he feels needed, whatever. But this comes LATER. This comes after we have been talking for awhile and a certain foundation for our relationship has been established, NOT after the first date.
Listen up boys… here are some major pointers to keep in mind:
1. Make me feel special- whether its through texting, gchatting, etc. Simple gestures count.
2. Make me feel like I’m the only girl in the room.
3. Make plans for the future. And calm your ass down- I’m not talking years down the road… I’m talking like the upcoming weekend homie.
1. Don’t text me incessantly asking me if everything is okay JUST BECAUSE I can’t hang out. I’m busy. The more you act upset about it, the less likely I’m going to want to see you again.
2. Don’t ask me to hang out everyday or whenever you think I have a free second. You all like girls that play hard to get, right? Well, it goes both ways– we don’t want some little bitch guy who is stuck to our ass all the damn time.
3. Be a man. Yes I know- I’m gender stereotyping right here. But I’m sorry, I don’t want to have to baby you and hold your hand to guide you through the relationship. If I wanted a baby, I’d get knocked up.
I think I’m pretty blunt most of the time and a little aggressive (if you can’t already tell)… I need someone that can handle it and put me in my place. NOT someone who might possibly cry. I’m just saying, I don’t want to be the one proposing… so MAN UP:
Wear the pants in the relationship. Don’t be a “zan-zalil” (persian for whipped) understood?! Of course, sensitive guys can be great– don’t get me wrong. I know that there will be times when you will need a shoulder to lean on and really, I will be there for you without any judgment. But until we get to that point of our relationship, please don’t give me a play by play of everything you are doing- sometimes a little mystery goes a long way!
So come on ladies, what turns you off? Or boys- am I being completely unfair? Let us know: