Here’s what you missed this week:
- Rarely heard, and so very honest: this writer’s experience of being Middle Eastern and having a sister with special needs. There’s a negative stigma that people with special needs battle in the Iranian community.
- We all know Tehrangeles has it going on – Iranian restaurants, ice cream shops, cafes, and hookah bars. But who knew India has some of the oldest Iranian cafes around?
- A story of Forgiveness and the most emotional story from the week: Iranian man spared from execution by the parents of the man he killed.
- Speaking of eating, there is a fake Chipotle in Iran and it may looks better than the real one. Seriously.
- Saffron is an aphrodisiac. That’s all you need to know.
- Mohammad Ali Ziaei is the center of attention with his Iranian Caricatures (and even the non-Iranian ones).
- Iranians invented math, ghormeh sabzi, and pajamas. You’re welcome world.
- Are Persian girls crazy? Farrah doesn’t seem to think so – if that’s crazy, then what’s normal?
- Electronic Folk: Notes from the Underground. Definitely listen to the Astrix and Shajarian remix – #eargasm.
- The clothing scene in Iran is transforming into a “hipper” style… and designers are making a splash all across social media.
- Fashion in Iran pre-revolution – a time before hijab was required and “western fashion” was really Iranian fashion.
tweet us @sex_fessenjoon